This October, the children and youth prepare for the Día de Los Muertos-themed worship service on November 5. By the time the service rolls around on November 5, they will be letting their creativity flow by putting their thoughts and ideas into action at home and will feel inspired to participate in this ritual with their families.
October 22 – Día de Los Muertos lesson in Sunday school with Miss Carol and Miss Soraya. The children and youth will explore:
- What does the history of this ritual for the living mean for me and my family?
- Who can I honor from my life?
- What does altar-building look like?
October 29 – Sugar skull decorating with Miss Louise and Miss Tara.
- The first graders through twelfth graders will be able to decorate their very own sugar skulls in Lander hall using feathers, sequins, shiny foil and brilliantly-colored royal icing.
- The skull is a great addition to your child’s altar at home.
- Would you like to prepare icing or stuff pastry bags for the children and youth? Learn more about this opportunity.